Road Improvement Projects
Please Note: Timeline is subject to change. Updates will be provided quarterly and as construction dates are confirmed.
Page Last Updated: May 22, 2023
- Central Avenue: NJ American Water is planning to mill and pave Loeser Ave to the dead end, on or about Tuesday, May 23. This work will complete a small water main and service replacement project that started in January.
- Eastern States Parkway: Repairs to the center of the roadway and intersections will begin in May.
- PSE&G Gas Construction: Project started in March 2023 and will continue into 2024.
- Madison Street: Pavement reconstruction started in September 2022. Repairs to the center of the roadway and intersections will begin in May.
- Southside Avenue Area: Handicap ramps, curbs and aprons are being installed on 2nd & 3rd Streets.
Planned in 2023
- N. Auten Ave: NJ American Water replaced the water main in October. Construction will start soon.
- Brookside Avenue, East & West Orchard Streets & Riviera Drive: Paving will start in 2023.
- Parking Lot 6: Project is in the design phase. Construction will start in 2023.
- Pocket Park (Veterans Memorial Drive West): This project is in the planning and design phase.
- Veterans Memorial Drive East: This federally-funded Safe Routes to School project is in the final design phase.
2023 Completed Projects
- Streetscape: A sidewalk was installed on South Bridge Street under the railroad overpass.
2022 Completed Projects
- Eastern States Parkway: Milling and paving operations were completed in December.
- E. Cliff Street (from Grove Street to Eastern Avenue) and Culver Street (from E. High Street to E. Cliff Street) : NJ American Water is completed paving in December.
- Lisa Terrace, Lori Drive, Lee Way & portions of Reimer Street: Roads were paved in August.
- Brookside Avenue, East & West Orchard Streets & Riviera Drive: Water main and road repairs were completed in August, in coordination with New Jersey American Water. Paving will start in 2023.
- Parking Lot 8: Lighting and pavement were installed in June.
- Grant Avenue & Fairmont Avenue: Curb replacement was completed in May.
NJ Department of Transportation Projects
For questions about these projects, please contact Meredith Hammond, Regional Coordinator, at 609-963-1982 or Meredith.Hammond@dot.nj.gov.
- Route 206, between Brown Ave in Hillsborough and Route 28 in Raritan: Pavement preservation work will take place mostly during nighttime hours. The project started in April and is anticipated to be completed in Fall 2023.
- Route 202 W. County Drive (CR 646) to I-287: Located in Branchburg, Bridgewater, Raritan and Somerville. Pavement preservation work will take place mostly during nighttime hours. Project is anticipated to be awarded to construction in Fall 2022 and completed by Fall 2023.
Public Works Director
Clean Communities Coordinator
Asst. to Engineer