The Borough of Somerville will hold a Public Information Center (PIC) to provide local residents and businesses with information on the SRTS-2016 – Veterans Memorial Drive East Road Diet and Pedestrian Improvements project. You are encouraged to actively participate by providing comments at the meeting, by mail, or by e-mail.
Date: Tuesday, August 29, 2023
Time: 6 to 8 pm
Location: Council Chambers at the Somerville Police Department (24 S. Bridge Street, Somerville, NJ 08876)
The purpose of the meeting is for property owners and tenants to provide input on the project. You will have an opportunity to review exhibits, ask questions and discuss any concerns.
If you are unable to participate or want to provide comments after the meeting, please visit this page for information about the project and email firstname.lastname@example.org to provide comments by September 12, 2023.
The purpose of this project is to support Safe Routes to School (SRTS) safety and access improvements along Veterans Memorial Drive East between South Bridge St. and East Main St. (NJ Route 28).
The project Design and Construction cost is funded by federal funds administered through NJDOT Local Aid Safe Routes to School (SRTS) Program.
The Borough is proposing the following improvements:
- Restriping of the roadway to provide one travel lane in each direction plus a center turn lane and bike lanes
- Replacement of damaged curb, sidewalks, and driveway aprons
- Construction of ADA-Compliant curb ramps
- Pavement resurfacing of Veterans Memorial Drive East within the project limits
- Replacement of the traffic signal at Veterans Memorial Drive & Hamilton Street
Anticipated Project Schedule
- Design Phase Completion: Fall 2023
- Construction: 2024
Please contact Brendan Nally, Assistant to the Engineer:
- Address: Public Works Department, 32 5th Street, Somerville, NJ 08876
- Phone: 908-704-2490
- Email: email@example.com