Road construction is expected to start on or about Monday, June 19 as part of the borough's Road Improvement Program. Local traffic should expect detours and delays on: Seville Dr, Riviera Dr, East Cadillac Dr, East Orchard St, West Orchard St and Brookside Ave until approximately Wednesday, July 12.
Approximate Project Timeline (subject to change)
- Monday, June 19 to Thursday, June 22: Seville Dr (from Imperial Dr to Riviera Dr)
- Thursday, June 22 to Monday, June 27: Riviera Dr
- Wednesday, June 28 to Monday, July 3: East Cadillac Dr
- Wednesday, July 5: East Orchard St
- Wednesday, July 5 to Friday, July 7: West Orchard St
- Monday, July 10 to Wednesday, July 12: Brookside Ave
7 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday
Stage 1 - Repairs
The first stage consists of concrete work and some drainage repairs.
- The road will remain open, but limited by a lane closure at times. Short delays should be expected.
- In and out traffic from and to driveways will not be available at the time work is being done in front of your property.
- These operations may take up to 48 hours.
- Residents will receive a notice on Friday, June 16.
Stage 2 - Milling and Paving
The second stage consists of milling the existing road and installing a new asphalt surface course.
- There will be limited access to driveways prior to and during paving and milling activities.
- No parking will be permitted.
- A second notice will be delivered to residents with more information about milling and paving operations.
Traffic Detours & Delays
- Through traffic will be detoured with signs.
- Parking will be prohibited occasionally. Please be mindful of the No Parking Signs and park outside of the construction zone during these times.
- Emergency vehicles will have full access.
Garbage and Recycling
The schedule will remain the same for garbage and recycling pickup.
If handicap accessibility requirements are needed, please contact American Asphalt & Trucking LLC at 973-732-6255.
Please contact Rodney Hadley, Public Works Director, at 908-704-7195. For more information about the borough's Road Improvement Program, visit www.somervillenj.org/roads.