6/1/2023 - Cat Licenses: Due by June 30
Somerville cat owners must obtain a new or renewed cat license during the month of June.
- New License: Visit www.somervillenj.org/petlicense to submit an application form.
- Renewal License: An application form is not required, since your pet’s information is already in the licensing program.
Rabies Vaccination & Neuter
- New License: Proof of rabies vaccination and neuter (if applicable) required.
- Renewal License: Proof of new rabies vaccination required, if the vaccination expired during the previous license year.
- Email new rabies certificate and proof of neutering (if applicable) to firstname.lastname@example.org, prior to paying online.
- $11 for neutered cats
- $14 for non-neutered cats
- Online (renewals only)
- Mail: Municipal Office - Pet License, 25 West End Avenue, Somerville, NJ 08876
- In person: At the Vital Statistics office or submitted through the “TAX” slot on the Borough Hall front porch
- Checks/Money Orders: Made payable to “Borough of Somerville”
- If you pay online or by mail, the license and tag will be mailed to your home.
If you renew a cat license after June 30, the late fees are $3 in July and an additional $1 for each month thereafter.
Please contact Claudia Bayait at 908-725-2300 ext. 1980 or email@example.com.