1/27/2022 - Winter Storm Expected - Friday, January 28
January 28 UPDATE: Please plan for 6-10 inches of snow accumulation.
- Friday: Expect steadier snow between 10 pm - 1 am.
- Saturday: Quite windy with periods of moderate/heavy snow until the afternoon, with near blizzard conditions. Snow should start to lighten and exit between 3-6 pm.
- Move all vehicles off the street so the plows may clear the roads, per the Borough's Snow Emergency Parking Policy
- Parking is free in all borough parking lots during a snowstorm
- Somerville Police may ticket any vehicle that remains on the street when the ground is snow covered
- Please help the Fire Department by shoveling the fire hydrants near your home
January 27 UPDATE: The Winter Storm Watch includes Somerset County. The heaviest snow is expected in the Atlantic Coast counties. Northwestern extent of the heaviest snowfall remains uncertain.
There is a potential winter storm on Friday night and Saturday, with possible snow accumulations of 6 inches or more. We will update this post with the latest forecast, over the next couple of days.