7/9/2020 - Changes to NJ Transit Parking Lot Entrance and South Bridge Street Effective Monday, July 13, 2020
The Somerset Station Redevelopment project is moving forward very quickly. Part of this project include improvements to the entrance of the New Jersey Transit Station Parking area and also entrance to the SOMA apartments.
- Beginning Monday July 13th 2020 the new entrance will be opened to the station parking area.
- The existing vehicular entrance and pedestrian sidewalks will be closed permanently.
- Sidewalks on the “construction” side of South Bridge Street will be closed to pedestrians until construction is finished.
- There are detour signs posted and we ask all pedestrians to follow these for their safety.
- Access to the New Jersey Transit Rail platforms from South Bridge Street will be from the existing stairs only.
- There is no pedestrian access through the new vehicular entrance as there are no sidewalks during the construction period.
- Handicapped access to the platforms is only available from the Veterans Memorial Drive ADA ramps. These ramps are clearly marked, with directional signs being installed to direct users to them.
Please review the “attached” map for details and an explanation of the changes.
New Entrance to NJ Transit Parking Lot