* There have been 40 confirmed COVID-19 cases in Somerville.
* There has been 1 confirmed COVID-19 death in Somerville.
* COVID-19 Borough of Somerville Emergency Declaration
* COVID-19 NJ Information Hub
*Governor Murphy Announces Statewide Stay at Home Order, Closure of All Non-Essential Retail Businesses
* Social Distancing has been extended through April 30, 2020.
* Somerville Borough Hall is closed to the public effective March 17, 2020.
* We encourage you to e-mail, phone, or use the drop-off box located outside of Borough Hall.
* All public meetings at Borough Hall are canceled until further notice.
* The Regular Borough Council Meetings will be held on April 6, 2020 & Apil 20, 2020 via teleconference.
Please visit Borough Calendar for additional information. Borough Meeting Calendar
* PLEASE CONTINUE TO EXERCISE SOCIAL DISTANCING OF 6 FEET OR MORE.
* Governor Murphy Announces Mortgage Payment Relief, Financial Protections for those facing economic
hardship as a Result of COVID-19. Mortgage Relief Press Release
* Somerset County Situational Report
* All door to door solicitors activities are suspended.
* Election petitions will be received through the drop off box at Borough Hall.
* Parking fees are waived in Lot 1,2,4, & 6.
* Street cleaning summonses will not be issued.
*Public Works is working on a reduced staff. Please do not place any additional yard debris
or bulk items at the curb until further notice.
* Municipal Court remains closed.
* Somerville Public Library remains closed.
* Please continue to patronize local restaurants who are open for take-out and curb-side service.
* All Recreation programs are cancelled until further notice.
* Somerset County Office of Emergency Management seeks PPE Donations from Businesses.
* All Borough Playground equipment is closed until further notice. PLEASE DO NOT USE THE BASKETBALL COURTS AT ANY TIME.
* All workout stations along the Peters Brook Greenway are closed until further notice.
* NJ DMV is closed.
* Regular Garbage pick-up will continue.
* Regular recycling will continue but pick-ups may delayed.
* Somerset County Administration offices are closed effective Wednesday, March 18, 2020. County offices that will remain operational for drop off of documents are; County Clerk's Office, County Election Board and the Surrogate's Office.
* If you have respiratory illness and want to know if you should be tested for COVID-19, call your physician. If your doctor determines that you should be tested, he/she will write a prescription for you. Do not call 911, unless there is an emergency.
Please continue to monitor the Borough website for additional information.