3/16/2020 - Borough of Somerville COVID-19 Update March 18, 2020
As a result of the COVID-19 outbreak, the following restrictions and closures are in place.
- We encourage you to e-mail, phone, or use the drop-off box located outside of Borough Hall.
- All public meetings at Borough Hall are canceled until further notice.
- All door to door solicitors activities are suspended.
- Election petitions will be received through the drop off box at Borough Hall.
- Parking fees are waived in Lot 1,2,4, & 6.
- Street cleaning summonses will not be issued.
- Municipal Court is closed.
- Somerville Public Library is closed.
- All Recreation programs are postponed until further notice.
- All Borough Playground equipment is closed until further notice. This includes all Playground equipment, basketball courts and workout stations along the Peter's Brook Greenway.
- NJ DMV is closed.
- Regular Garbage pick-up will continue.
- Somerset County Administration offices are closed effective Wednesday, March 18, 2020. County offices that will remain operational for drop off of documents are; County Clerk’s Office, County Election Board and the Surrogate’s Office.
- If you have respiratory illness and want to know if you should be tested for COVID-19, call your physician. If your doctor determines that you should be tested, he/she will write a prescription for you. Do not call 911, unless there is an emergency.
Please continue to monitor the Borough website for additional information. Borough of Somerville
Somerset County Health Department COVID-19 Information