The Borough of Somerville has combined the responsibilities of the Borough Clerk and Borough Administrator into one single position. The Clerk-Administrator is responsible for:
- Preparation of the introduction and publication of all Borough Ordinances
- Providing official notification of all Borough Council meetings
- Recording official minutes of all Borough Council meetings
- Processing all license applications including; vendor, taxi drivers, towing, liquor, and raffle
- Serving as the election officer for all local, school board and special elections
- Completing and executing contracts on behalf of the Borough
- Handling all personnel matters regarding Borough employees
- Sending and receiving of official correspondence and communications for the Mayor and Borough Council
Public Records Requests (OPRA)
The Somerset County Board of Health manages Somerville health records. To request health-specific documents, visit the Somerset County Public Records Request page.
All Other Government Records
Please submit the borough's OPRA Request Form.
Clerk's Office Forms
Listing files in 'Clerk/Administrator'
(908) 725-2300 ext. 1983
Zina Van Ness
(908) 725-2300 ext. 1956
(908) 725-2300 ext. 1908
(908) 725-2300 ext. 1958
Director of Communications
(908) 725-2300 ext. 1940