ASSISTANT TO CFO, PAYROLL/HR/AR/AP – SOMERVILLE BOROUGH, SOMERSET COUNTY F/T position under the direction of the Chief Financial Officer.
The Borough of Somerville is seeking a highly motivated self-starter to assist the Chief Financial Officer with Treasury duties including payroll, pension and health benefits reporting, maintaining and reconciling payroll deductions, developer escrow management, and accounts payable. The Borough of Somerville has 65 full-time employees and 10-15 Part-time seasonal employees. Candidates must possess strong interpersonal skills necessary for communicating with all employees regarding changes in payroll and health benefits status. Position requires confidentiality. The successful candidate must be proficient in Excel/Word, detail-oriented and with a strong work ethic. Edmunds and Primepoint systems experience preferred. A full job description is available at www.somervillenj.org Send cover letter, resume and references to Kevin Sluka, Borough Administrator to email@example.com.
Under direction of the Chief financial officer shall perform and be responsible for the following duties:
NOTE: The examples of work for this title are for illustrative purposes only. A particular position using this title may not perform all duties listed in this job specification. Conversely, all duties performed on the job may not be listed.
DUTIES MAY INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Bi-Weekly processing of payroll;
- Maintenance of payroll deductions;
- IROC pension reporting;
- Update payroll spreadsheets annually based on CBA’s;
- Monthly analysis of Health Benefit changes;
- Daily department deposits to bank and receipting to Edmunds;
- Maintain balances in escrow accounts and bill when necessary;
- Bank reconciliations;
- Process purchase orders as necessary and back up for Accounts Payable;
- Assist in projects as they relate to Federal, State, County or Local special requirements;
- Assist CFO with clerical and computer work as deemed necessary.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Sufficient speed and accuracy to perform any and all duties as required;
- Must have good mathematical ability;
- Must be capable of responsibly and honestly handling cash transactions;
- Knowledge and ability to utilize computers and software such as Edmunds, MS Office (i.e., Excel, Word, Outlook);
- Ability to function under pressure such as time limitations or intense public interest;
- Good organizational, written & verbal communication skills with the ability to prioritize, multi-task, be self-motivated, detail-oriented and able to function efficiently within a fast paced and sometimes stressful environment;
- Ability to deal effectively and patiently other Borough employees including management and municipal officials in a pleasant, tactful, professional and efficient manner;
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment with the ability to develop and maintain cooperative working relationships.
LICENSE, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION:
- High School Diploma or equivalent;
- Prior experience with Edmunds software and Primepoint payroll system highly preferred.
Successful candidate must reside in New Jersey unless otherwise exempted by law and will be required to pass a background / reference check (which may also include credit check for insurance purposes).