* There have been 643 confirmed COVID-19 cases in Somerville.
* There have been 12 confirmed COVID-19 deaths in Somerville.
* The Somerset County Department of Health will hold drive-thru COVID-19 testing at Raritan Valley
Community College every Wednesday in January, between 10 a.m. and 12 p.m. The dates are Jan 27.
Click here to register: County COVID-19 Testing Site
* Somerville Borough Hall is closed to the public effective March 17, 2020.
* We encourage you to e-mail, phone, walk-up windows or use the drop- off box located outside of Borough
* The next Borough Council meeting will be on February 1, 2021 at 7:00pm and will be a virtual meeting.
* All public meetings at Borough Hall are canceled until further notice.
* All door to door solicitors activities are suspended.
* Non-Essential construction may resume with social distancing measures in place. Please contact the
construction office with any questions.
* We are busy making preparations to welcome you back into a district with a renewed focus on cleanliness, safety, and walkability for your protection. We are working diligently with our restaurants and merchants to maximize
space to enable proper social distancing, and make sure that everyone is outfitted with the proper PPE/sanitation procedures so you can enjoy the Downtown Somerville experience safely once again.
* Retail business reopened on Monday, June 15, 2020 with customers in the stores with certain restrictions.
* Restaurants were permitted to reopen on Monday, June 15, 2020 with outdoor dining only. Currently there
are over 25 restaurants that have opened with outside dining to customers.
* Indoor dining with 25% of capacity was permitted starting Friday, September 4, 2020.
* Barber shops, hair salons, and nail salons reopened on Monday, June 22, 2020.
* Downtown Somerville businesses and restaurants are here to help you get through this period of social
distancing, providing new ways to experience SOMERVILLE AT HOME from delivery and curbside
pick-up to on-line shopping and virtual classes. Please visit Somerville At Home
* Parking fees and permits now apply to all on-street and all municipal parking lots.
ENFORCEMENT will begin again on Monday, September 21, 2020.
* Street cleaning will continue and summonses will not be issued.
* Somervile Public Library is re-open as of Monday, July 6, 2020 with limited schedule.
Friday and Saturday 10:00am-6:00pm
Closed on Sunday
Public Works Department
* Regular Garbage pick-up will continue.
* Regular recycling will continue but pick-ups may delayed.
* Please remember to use bulk stickers when placing items at the curb for fastest pick-up.
Stickers can be purchased in Borough Hall.
* Somerville Recreation is sending out information through Community Pass to over 2,300 subscribers.
* Somerville Recreation maintains three social media platforms- Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
State and County Government
* Somerset County Administration offices are closed effective Wednesday, March 18, 2020. County offices that
will remain operational for drop off of documents are; County Clerk's Office, County Election Board and the
* NJ Division of Motor Vehicle is reopened for appointment only transactions.
* The NJ Supreme Court has approved a schedule for the re-opening of municipal courts. As of April 2, 2020
municipal courts may conduct proceedings via video or telephone with consent of all the parties.
* The tax office will be staffed from 8:30 to 4:30 Monday- Friday to receive phone calls, mailed and/or electronic payments and payments received in our drop box located on the right of the steps at borough hall. The dropbox is safe, secure and is located in the tax office. For everyone's safety, you are encouraged to use these methods.
*If you choose to make cash payments, they will be received on Tuesday and Wednesday between 9:30-12:30. When making these payments, please ring the bell at borough hall. You are asked to wait outside while they process your payment and give you a receipt if you choose to
Please continue to monitor the Borough website for additional information.
Borough of Somerville Website
COVID-19 Borough of Somerville Emergency Declaration
COVID-19 NJ Information Hub
Somerset County COVID-19 Website