The Borough of Somerville has combined the responsibilities of the Borough Clerk and Borough Administrator into one single position.
Kevin Sluka is responsible for the statutory duties of Borough Clerk and the daily administrative operations as Borough Administrator.
The Clerk-Administrator is responsible for all Borough Council related matters and his additional statutory duties include:
- Preparation of the introduction and publication of all Borough Ordinances.
- To provide official notification of all Borough Council meetings.
- To recording official minutes of all Borough Council meetings.
- To process all license applications including; vendor, taxi drivers, towing, liquor, and raffle.
- To serve as the election officer for all local, school board and special elections.
- To complete and execute contracts on behalf of the Borough of Somerville.
- The handling of all personnel matters regarding Borough employees.
- The sending and receiving of official correspondence and communications for the Mayor and Borough Council.
The Administration Department is also responsible for issuing vital records (Birth Certificates, Death Certificates, Marriage Licenses).
Applications for a Marriage/Civil Union License are taken by appointment only until 4 PM.
The Borough of Somerville does not accept credit cards or online orders. However, for your convenience, you can process online requests through an independent company that we have partnered with to provide you this service: VitalChek Network, Inc. An additional fee is charged by VitalChek for using this service, and all major credit cards are accepted.
Clerk's Office Forms
Listing files in 'Clerk/Administrator'
(908) 725-2300 ext. 1983
Zina Van Ness
(908) 725-2300 ext. 1956
Vendor Licensing/Accounts Payable Clerk
(908) 725-2300 ext. 1959
(908) 725-2300 ext. 1958
Registrar of Vital Statistics
(908) 725-2300 ext. 1980
Mary Ann Reh
(908) 725-2300 ext. 1982